Saturday 5 February 2011

Planning for my poster


This is the first draft of the sketches I made of my poster. I knew that I wanted to keep it simple, so that the information was clear to the audience. I roughly sketched out all of the elements that I wanted to include. The first thing that I included was the title, 'Eaton'. I knew that it needed to stand out so that the audience could read it clearly and hopefully remember it, so I placed it at the top of the poster in the centre, and made sure that it was very large. Next I focused on the rest of the information that should be provided. Along with the title is the other important information such as when it starts and on which channel it airs. So, I put when it starts directly under the title so that this is the next thing the audience reads after the title, and then 'BBC1' underneath that so they can see clearly which channel it starts on. Next, I placed the website address in the top right hand corner because there is nothing else near that area to take the focus away from it so I hope that the audience will notice it and remember it. The next thing that I focused on is the positioning of the characters. I wanted to include all of the remaining characters that weren't included in my magazine front cover, so I placed them at the bottom in groups according to their storyline. I placed the 2 'poisoning' characters on the left, the 2 'drugs' characters on the right, and finally the 3 'bullying' characters in the middle. I did this simply because of the number of characters I had, so I wanted the order of them to look even. At the moment I think I may have their entire bodies shown in the photographs, however I intend on taking a variety of photographs so that I can see what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment