Thursday 10 February 2011

Photographs for my Poster

After I had planned and created my tv listings magazine front cover, I now have to create a poster that promotes my soap opera, 'Eaton'. I have already used the characters from the 'affair' storyline on my magazine cover, so I want to use the remaining characters from my trailer on my poster. These are the characters from the 'poisoning' storyline, the 'peer pressure' storyline and the 'drug dealing' characters. I wanted to use the remaining characters so that my audience will have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the characters, and therefore create an interest in them and their storylines, which will make them want to watch the soap. Similarly to my magazine cover, I will be using Adobe Photoshop to create my poster, and fortunately I have learnt how to take photographs that will be easy to edit in photoshop.

This is a photograph I took of one of the drug dealing characters. I knew that I wanted to use the Magic Lassoo Tool to cut around him, so the background didn't matter when taking the photo. I asked him to wear a hooded top, and to have the hood up, because this is stereotypical clothing that teenagers and drug dealers wear. I asked him to simply stand with his arms by his side so that it looked more realistic and natural, and so that it would be easier for me to cut around him in Photoshop. I also had all of the lights on in the room I took the photograph, to ensure that it was bright enough so that the photograph would be clear.

This is a photograph I took of  both of the drug dealing characters together. I took this photo because I wanted to see what would look the best when it came to creating my poster on Photoshop, and I wanted a variety. However, I think that seperate photographs will work better, so that I can layer them up and position them wherever I feel works best. In this photo, the male on the left is smiling, which doesn't seem typical of a drug dealing character and therefore affects the realism of the entire poster. I also feel that the male on the left looks more realistic as a drug dealer with his hood up in the previous photo.

This is a photograph that I took of the female from the 'poisoning' storyline. As you can see, the background is different and that is because I found it very difficult to arrange to have all of the actors in one place at one time. Luckily however, the background is unimportant because again, I am going to use the Magic Lassoo Tool to cut around all of the characters and place them onto a different background. I have also learnt on photoshop how to change the size of the photographs so although this photo is bigger than the previous two, I will be able to edit them all to look the same size on photoshop. Again I made sure that all of the lights were on when I took this photograph so that it was clear and bright.

This is a photograph I took of the male character from the 'poisoning' storyline. I made sure that he stood in an upright position with his arms by his side so that it was easier for me to edit him on Photoshop. This also means that all of the characters will be standing in a similar position which will make the poster look more dramatic and effective.

This is a photgraph that I took of the 'victim' in the 'peer pressure' storyline. It was taken in the same location as the 'drug dealing' characters, so the lighting and background are the same. I took this photo just in case I wanted to use the character, however I am contemplating whether or not to include her. This is because in the trailer you don't really see her face, as an over-the-shoulder shot is used so that the audience can see what she is seeing, and the audience may wonder who she is if she appears on the poster. However, I know that I have a photograph of her if I chose to include her.

This is a photograph of one of the bullies. I asked her to wear jeans and a t-shirt because these are stereotypical items of clothings that teenagers wear, and thus this would emphasise the realism. I particularly like this photograph because her facial expression works well because the character she plays is a bully.

This photograph is of another on of the bullies. Because she herself is a teenager, I asked her to wear what she would wear on a normal day. Checkered shirts and jeans are definitely items of clothing that teenagers would wear so I am pleased with her clothing. Again, this photograph was taken in the same place as the 'drug dealers' so the lighting and background are the same.

This is a photograph that I took of the main bully in the 'peer pressure' storyline. I think that the way her hair slightly covers her face connotes obscurity and mystery, and I think this works well with the character that she plays. Her dark clothing items work well too, as this means that she will not stand out too much which is good because she will not draw attention away from the other characters. The lighting and background is the same as the 'drug dealing' characters and the other 'bullies' which is good because all of the photos will have the same lighting which will make the overall quality of the poster look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment